Saturday, May 21, 2005

this is my chance to be discovered

Hey, remember a while back, when I recommended a bunch o' books about uganda/east africa, and one of them was The Last King of Scotland, about Idi Amin??? WELL, randomly/interestingly, that book is being made into a Major Motion Picture starring Forrest Whittaker, filming right here in Kampala (and environs). Neato, right? Well that's not all... This morning, myself and about 150 other whiteys living in Kampala responded to a casting call to become extras in the movie. To the surprise of absolutely no one, I will be an Israeli hostage, while my various friends and acquaintances will be Dancing Party-goers, People On The Street, Airline Pilots, English Military Officers, and Party Minglers.

I'll be the chick in the back trying hard to Get Famous.

7 Comments:

At 3:56 AM, Blogger Matt Erlandsen said...

LOL!.
OK, tell me the name of the film to go watching it afterwards!.
This IS your opportunity to become famous.... and in Africa!, what better?.

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Kate said...

Yay - good thing you didn't got to Senegal!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

Ha ha kate, so true! I forget all the time that that's where i was supposed to go - who knows what else would have gone so differently!

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous kelly said...

Awesome, Awesome, awesome, leave it to me to leave Kampala at the absolute wrong time, Now I will never be discovered....

 
At 4:49 AM, Blogger Gillian said...

hey, thanks for the comment. you're my first - mazel tov! anyways, what are these mystical referrer stats you mentioned? i think i'm less computer inclined than you are, so you'll have to help me out in the wonderful world of blogging.
and have fun at the movie, i'll be sure to look for you when i go see it.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Deanna said...

Maticito, the movie is going to have the same name as the book (The Last King of Scotland)!

Gillian, I'll send you an email about the mystical referrer stats thingy!!

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ, you are so fucking cool! Imagine going to Kampala to become a Hollywood star!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home