Thursday, May 05, 2005

comments go kablooey

Comment This!, the comment service I had been using, has gone and had a server meltdown, and so now any and all comments ever left on my blog are gone forever. (That sucks a bit, you know?)

Additionally, I'm having problems getting Blogger comments to work. Although hopefully i'll either miraculously develop a greater understanding of html in the next few days, OR somebody from Blogger help will actually get back to me. Both seem quite unlikely though!

In other news, I've been on a money spending spree this past week or so, with the payment of a gym membership, a sailing club membership, and the purchase of a not-very-cheap laptop. I'm pretty pumped about all of those purchases, but mostly about the laptop, which is appropriate, given that it is about 8 times more expensive than than the next most expensive thing on that list.

In addition to all the advantages re: work, this means that from now on, instead of sitting in the dark, reading books by candle-light, or going out for expensive and fattening dinners or drinks to avoid the dark, I can now watch DVDs on my laptop during 'load shedding' nights. ('Load shedding' is the lovely term for turning off our electricity every second day from 6:30 to 10:30 pm.) Woohoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home