Friday, January 07, 2005

counteracting, but not really

okay, so i sounded a little negative in my last post. But you have to understand, some days here a bit tough. The days that don't seem tough are often just days when you are feeling more resilient. The constant on-the-street harrassment, and being taken advantage of, and being used, and being ripped off - it doesn't mean anything but it builds up a bit after awhile, you know? Wow that sentence was way too long. 'Sorry' to the high school English teachers. And for the lack of capitalization at the beginning of this paragraph, and for starting this sentence with 'and'.

So anyway, I thought I'd counteract the negativity with things that I like.

- It is hot and sunny almost every day
- If i wasn't so cynical I'd think i was the world's most attractive woman
- I can get a manicure and a pedicure for a total of $7
- This morning when my bottle of moisturizer spilled, i was able to just leave it because my housegirl was coming today and she could clean it up
- The pineapple here is delicious

Okay, so i was going to add something about having a great job and unique experiences and like learning and stuff, but that would have ruined the "spoiled and superficial and maybe colonialistic" effect I was going for.

Over and out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home