Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Back on the bodas again.

Scene: London's Heathrow Airport, last thursday evening. We are at Gate 6 (Terminal 4), about one hour prior to the departure of a flight bound for Entebbe, Uganda.

Note: Text in regular font are an accurate account of the scene; Italics represent the scene as envisioned by the author, prior to the scene actually taking place.

*****
Me: Excuse me, sir? Could you tell me what time boarding starts for this flight? Excuse me, sir? Could you tell me what time boarding starts for this flight?

British Airways Uganda Crew Member:Ah! It is not yet! There is is nobody here! Look!! 8:45, miss!

Me: Yes, I know, but do you know what time boarding begins anyways? Thank you!

BAUCM: Ah! Have a seat! Relax and do not worry! It is not time yet! (nothing)

Me: Yes, I know it's not time yet, but I wanted to go look in the shops, but I wanted to be back in time. Could you tell me what time boarding starts? (me walking towards duty-free shops)

BAUCM: Ah, you go shop! You go enjoy! (nothing)
Me: (silently) sigh... And so it begins (silently: ah, what a good price on for Calvin Klein perfume!)

End scene, curtain descends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home